Monday, July 2, 2012

Convention Swap Card 1

I have been racking my brain all weekend to come up with ideas for my swaps at Convention.  I have never been before and I am so excited to go.  I want to make sure I have a decent card to swap.  I love this color combination!  I use it a lot.  For some reason this color combination speaks to me.  The blues and green give me such a cool and serene feeling and the pop of Calypso Coral is enough to make the card interesting.


The other thing I like about this card is the technique I used on the flower and leaves.  It is called Water Splash.  All you have to do is is stamp the image with Classic Ink and then spritz a little water on the stamp and then stamp the image.  I love it because it creates such a neat effect on the image.  The supplies that I used for this card were:


STAMP SETS:  Petite Pairs, Fabulous Florets, En Francois
PAPER:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whipser White
INK:  Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
ACCESSORIES:  Finishing Touches Edgelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Dimensionals


I am pleased how this turned out.  I already started to work on this card.  I plan to finsh and cut all the pieces but leave the adhering them together until I leave for Salt Lake City.  I am going out to Salt Lake City by train!  Yes, by train.  It will take 2-1/2 days to get there so I plan to take my swaps and finish them on the train.  It will help the time go by faster I am sure.  Off to do some work today and later will come back to working on my swaps.  Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I am totally caseing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine. I used this set because of the solid image and well the technique shows up on a solid image stamp.

      Delete