Friday, July 13, 2012

Convention Swap Card #3

Well this is my third and final card that I created for a convention swap.  I bought this set "I Dig You" last year and I love it and really do not bring it out enough.  People are always looking for masculine cards and I thought why not try this for a swap.  It took me a week to finally like what I finished with.  I started out with pieces and then throughout the week I kept interchanging the pieces or change their size or change what position they were in.  Finally Wednesday night after rearranging the pieces for 2 days, I settled on this layout.  If I was making this card for me, I would have put some more details on it.  Maybe some paper piercing or brads or just something to make the card pop.  But when you are mass producing cards, then you need to step back a bit and go with the Less is More philosophy.


For this project I used the following supplies:


STAMP SETS:  I Dig You, Itty Bitty Banners
PAPER:  Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy DSP
INK:  Not Quite Navy
ACCESSORIES: 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 3" Circle Die, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, and Basic Black Markers


I have all the pieces cut and ready to go.  I will be putting these swaps together while I am traveling to Salt Lake City for convention.  I am going by train so I will have enough time to finish my swaps and it is a great way to pass the time away until we get there.  Once convention starts, I will try to keep you updated with what is going on out there.  So please check back.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment