Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Look Familiar?



This card should look familiar to you because I did post a similar card previously.  But sometimes you make a card and then think of how you can change it up and make it even better.  In my case, I needed to make a card for my third technique card in February.  No matter how hard I tried, I kept coming back to this card design.  I really liked the color combination.  


What I did to step it up a notch by adding colored Glimmer Paper.  The technique here was the Colored Glimmer Paper technique and I think that it really added to the card.  


To color the Silver Glimmer Paper is very easy but it can pack a big punch.  To color the Silver Glimmer paper, you need to take a darker Re-inker and aquapainter and paint the re-inker all over the Glimmer Paper.  You can use a Heating Tool to set the re-inker into the paper.  


The supplies that I used for this card were:


STAMP SET:  Mixed Bunch, Delightful Dozen
PAPER:  Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade
INK:  Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade
ACCESSORIES:  Blossom Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Modern Label, Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds


If you are wondering where I used the Modern Label Punch on this card,  look very closely at the Poppy Parade Flower.  On Dawn Oshefske's blog, she experimented and discovered that the Modern Label Punch fits inside the petals of the Blossom Punch.  Isn't that fantastic!  With me punching out the Colored Glimmer Paper using the Modern Label and placing it on the petals, it really added to this card.  Sometimes it is really fun to start out with a very simple card and then start adding different techniques and see how you can punch up a nice good and make it really great!  I am off to teach a class this morning.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment