Friday, March 18, 2011

Love at First Stamp Swap at Hartford




Tomorrow I will heading to Hartford, CT for a Stampin' Up Regional. I love going to these events. They really get the creative juices flowing. After the Regional, our group ( Love at First Stamp ) are getting together fro dinner and a swap among our group. We were asked to make a swap using an accessory from the Mini. I have had such a hectic last couple of months, my creativity was just not working. So I cheated a bit and used last month's technique class project for the base of my swap. I took the idea of the purse and changed it into a gift card holder.

Here is the purse for the swap and you can see that I used the ribbon "Rosettes" on top of the "Faux Alligator" strap instead of the Vintage Brad. I think it looks adorable! A velcro enclosure helps to attach the strap to the purse.


To create a gift card holder, I used the Word Window punch to create the slit for the gift card to slide in. All in all I am happy with what I made. With me being sick and Lucy getting sick and having to have surgery, I just did not have the energy to create something new. But this is a great example of how you can take one idea and change it to create something else.



I hope everyone likes it. I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with. In the next couple of posts, I will be letting you know what wonderful things went on at Regionals. Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment