Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day Early

Here is a very simple card for Valentine's Day that is extremely quick to make. I used the Vintage Vogue stamp set again. I saw a card that was a swap at Leadership that used this layout. Instead of hearts they used butterflies but I thought I could adapt it to be a Valentines Day card. The swirling greens and floral shape is a stamp from the stamp set "Vintage Vogue" I used Real Red and Handsome Hunter markers and colored the flowers Real Red and the greenery Handsome Hunter. I punched out the hearts from Real Red Cardstock using the Small Heart Punch from the Occasions Mini. The large heart in the middle is from the "I (Heart) Hearts" stamp set and is stamped in Craft Real Red Ink and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. I attached the hearts using dimensionals. The sentiment comes from the Level 1 Hostess set "Holiday Best".

I decided to post this card today because my husband is going on a snowmobile trip to Maine and won't be home for Valentines Day. So we are celebrating this week before he leaves at the end of this week. I guess any day can be Valentine's day! Go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment