Friday, February 12, 2010

February Technique Class-Card 2

Here is the second card that we will be making in my February technique Classes. This is another way that you can use punches. I used the punch and then wove ribbon through. What a small detail to add to a card but I think it gives it a little punch to the card. It makes the card more interesting. Sometimes the smallest detail that is added to a card can make a huge impact. I think that is what happened to this card. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Whimsical Words
PAPER: Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral
INK: Cameo Coral
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Pastels (Summer Sun), Certainly Celery Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Double Rectangle Punch, Elegant Bouquet Impression Folder, Big Shot

I started out with a very different card in my mind. After trying many different colors and arrangements, I decided the more simple the card, the more impact I would have. So I stopped all the stamping I was doing and went with the subtle impression of flowers in the corner. First I colored all the flowers and stems with the pastels but decided that there was too much going on. I then decided only highlighting the centers. That looked much better. Then I added the simple sentiment to finish the card. I originally did not have the eyelet border but when I saw the card this way, I felt that a frilly border was a good way to soften the end of the card, since the card had a softer look to it than when I started. Don't ever be afraid to stray from your original idea. Sometimes the best designs that I have come up with are ones that I have changed and changed and worked on for many hours.

Well, my husband left at 5 this morning to go snowmobiling in Maine for the week so I plan to do a lot of projects while he is gone. Starting as soon as I post this. Have a great day!

1 comment: