Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Square Scallop Die Bag

Remember last week when I said I was going to make something special at my Upline Kim's house? Well here it is!! Isn't it adorable? Since Leadership, these quilted squares seem to be everywhere. What a great idea to use the Big Shot and the dies to use for different crafts! So when the group of stampers that I stamp with came back from Leadership with all these great ideas to make different items using the different dies, everyone just had to start making them. This was so simple to make but oh so cute. I have not sewn since my oldest daughter was born 28 years ago. So you can imagine how clumsy I was at the machine to begin with. The group that I am with, "Love At First Stamp"uses the colors black, pink, and white. Our shirts, our flip flops, our scarves, necklaces, everything we have made for the group has used the color scheme, black, pink, and white. So making the bag would not be any different! Kim found this great material that besides being "our" colors even said LOVE on it. I love the different patterns she found that use our colors. So we got together and made them . The first picture shows the different patterned squares and the second picture shows the inside of the bag using all the same squares of fabric. It is REVERSIBLE!! How neat is that! Well, I guess I had better go and help my husband shovel snow. It is still snowing here and is supposed to all day. But it is easier for me to do a little all day than try to shovel it when it gets deeper and heavier to shovel. Go out and enjoy your day!

1 comment: