Friday, January 15, 2010

January Technique Class Card 3

This is the third card for my technique classes this month. I was doing so many Valentine cards that I felt I needed to come up with a different type of card for the third card. This is a Tent Topper card. The new punch is one that is found that in the new Occasions Mini. I used the EXTRA LARGE TWO STEP BIRD PUNCH. I love the new punches. Finding what DSP that I would use with this card became my next problem. But I used the DSP which is in the "Petal Party Scrappin' Kit". The bold flowers on this paper seemed to compliment the bold bird. Basically the large scallop circle at the top of this card makes it a topper. This is a very simple card but the top makes it a little more special. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: None except what you choose for the sentiment inside
PAPER: Pixie Pink, So Saffron, Whisper White, Petal Party DSP, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
INK: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
ACCESSORIES: Old Olive 5-8"Grosgrain Ribbon, Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch, Scallop Circle #2 Die, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder

On the bird I sponged Night of Navy around the edge of the bird. I felt that small addition added more dimension to the bird. I also sponged Bashful Blue around the edge of the scallop circle. It helped make the white scallop a little softer looking so it did not stick out so much. I hope you enjoyed this card. Sometimes you need a bright card in the dreary winter to brighten things up. Enjoy your day!

1 comment: