Friday, January 22, 2010

Helping Haiti

Stampin' Up has again stepped up and come up with a way that the stamping community can help. We found out yesterday what SU plans to do. From now until Feb. 28, 2010, for every I (Heart) Hearts stamp set that is sold, $2 will be donated to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund.

All this brings me to this card. Yesterday I went to my Upline's house to just stamp for me. For the last few days I have had so much going on it has been hard to do much for me. But yesterday I was able to get away and try to get some things done. I came up with this card using the I (Heart) Hearts stamp set. This card was very simple but did not a little more time because of the small hearts. Again I used a number of items from the new Occasions Mini. I started out trying out the punch from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Although this punch is in the Sale-A-Bration brochure , we have been told that it will also be in the 2010-2011 catalog. From there I continued to try to use more of the new products. There is so much new on this card that I will just list the supplies that I used for this card:

STAMP SET: I (Heart) Hearts
PAPER: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Whisper White, Sending Love DSP
INK: Real Red
ACCESSORIES: Small Heart Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Sizzlet, Mini Glue Dots, Heart Punch

All the new items from the new mini or the sale-a-bration brochure are printed in red.

After I finished the card there was so much plain space on the right side of the card. So that is when I decided to put all those tiny pink hearts with the red hearts at the bottom. the pink on pink is just so subtle that it does not compete with the other designs on the card. I will say it seemed to blah to me when I finished and that is why I added the little stamped red heart that says love. I felt that little heart added something to the card.

So here is one card that you can make using the I (Heart) Hearts stamp set. It is one way that you can help Haiti and make all your friends smile when they receive a card using this great set. A reminder that this stamp set comes in wood mount but you can also buy it in "Clear Mount". If you wish to help out Haiti by buying this stamp set, you can call me or email to place the order for you. So go out now and enjoy your day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail,
    I love this layout--can't wait to CASE it! TGIF!

    ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Gail! It was fun stampin' yesterday and seeing this card come along. Thanks for letting me steal it!

    ReplyDelete