Friday, January 29, 2010

Butterflies and Hugs Love Notes

When the new catalog came out, I fell in love with the "Cottage Wall DSP". The color combination in the paper was just beautiful to me, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, and Old Olive colors go so well together. I knew I just had to figure out a way to use it with some of the new stamp sets in the Occasions Mini. Once I made the butterflies and the colors I used for them, the rest just fell into place. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Vintage Vogue, Whimsical Words( from the Sale-A-Bration Brochure)
PAPER: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Cottage Wall DSP
INK: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Trim Border Punch (from the Sale-a-Bration), Hugs Love Notes, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

The items typed in red are found in the Sale-a-Bration Brochure or the Occasions Mini.

Cards don't always end up the way I plan them in my mind. Most of the time, I start out with one idea and it evolves into something else. That is what happened with this card. So don't get discouraged if the first time you work out on a card it doesn't turn out the way you like. Take the one thing you like about that card and try again using different colors, different layout, or different papers. You might find that you like it better. The point is that you should not feel badly if the first time things don't work out. Just keep trying until you find the right combination for your card and you feel good about the final outcome. Have a great day!

1 comment: