Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mojo Monday 90

I had this card finished on Tuesday but did not get a chance sooner to post. This really looks better in person. The Chocolate Chip background shows up way too dark. The Chocolate Chip background was run through the Big Shot using the Polka Dotted Texturz Plate. I used the "Just Buzzin' By" stamp set for this card. I water colored the hive but it looks more washed out in this photo than it looks in person. The bottom diamond shape, I took bubble wrap and inked it up with More Mustard and then printed that onto Whisper White cardstock to get that funky honeycomb look. At the top, instead of a circle, I used a flower from the Pretties Kit and died it a color and attached it at the top with a dimensional. I stamped one of the bees from the stamp set and colored it and then covered the whole bee with Dazzling Diamonds and also attached it with a dimensional. For this card I wanted to use colors that were earthy but had a lot of contrast. For this card I used:

STAMP SET: Just Buzzin' By

PAPER: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper

INK: Black Staz-on, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun

ACCESSORIES: Blender Pens, Dazzling Diamonds, Pretties Kit, Dimensionals

I like this card better in person and was disappointed to see how it photographed. I am enjoying these challenges. I think that I am growing each time I try one. I hope you enjoyed this one. Now go and enjoy the rest of your day!



2 comments:

  1. What a fun card, we got our first bee hive this spring so this card really caught my eye. I read about you disappointment in how this photographed, try taking some shots outside to see if you like that better. BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower touch for the bee to visit!! :-)

    ReplyDelete