Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June Technique Class- Card 2

This is the second card of three that we will be making during the June "VELLUM" Technique Classes. This card uses two techniques, Stained Glass and Dry Embossing. It is hard to see how they were used on this card in the picture. But I assure you that I used both. I used colors on this card that I rarely use and that is Elegant Eggplant and Lovely Lilac. I really don't know why I don't use them much but I decided I need to go outside my comfort zone and try something different on this card. I used A LOT of both of these colors last year at this time. The reason being that my daughter was getting married and these were the colors for her wedding invitations and wedding favors that I made. I made over 140 of each. Maybe that is why I haven't used it much since. I was on purple overload! The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Morning Soft
PAPER: Vellum Cardstock, Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
INK: Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Bone Folder, Silver Brads, Eyelet Border Punch, Lovely Lilac Marker, Old Olive Marker, Mellow Moss Marker, Always Artichoke Marker, Elegant Eggplant Marker, Black EP, Heating Tool, Dimensionals, Adhesive

This card looks better in person. I think the paper is too dark for you to see what it really looks like. This one has a much different feel than the card I made on Monday's post, even though I used the same stamp. I am working on my Midnight Madness card for this week. Hopefully, I will post that later in the week. Have a great day!



1 comment: