Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Sneak Peek

I really love the new In Colors this year! I can't wait to use them in my classes this year. While at Susan's, we came up with this card. We had seen one and cased the main layout of it. I love all the earthy colors together. I also am in love with the polka dotted grosgrain ribbon in the In Colors! Here, I took the earthy colors and the ribbon and put it all together using the "CIRCLE CIRCUS" stamp set. The new "TEENY TINY WISHES" is another great set if you want to have a lot of different greetings on hand. I really enjoyed just playing around with the set to see what colors worked well together and placing the pieces different places on the card. I think this card could be used for a masculine birthday card. The supplies that were used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Circle Circus
PAPER: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
INK: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry
ACCESSORIES: Modern Label Punch, Silver Brads, Scallop Circle Punch, Fire Rhinestone Brad, Crushed Curry Polka Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

The nice thing about the In Colors this year is they can be divided into many different groups of colors and each group looks nice. I took the Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede and they look great for an autumn card or a card with an earthy feel to it. If you added Old Olive with this group of colors it would be a dynamite combination. So when you start using the new In Colors this catalog. Don't be afraid to fool around with making various color combinations because you will love what you come up with.



1 comment: