Monday, March 23, 2009




This is the third time today that I have tried to post on this blog! My dog Lucy has been acting up and I keep losing what I am trying to post. She is a mini Schnauzer, 5 years old and is acting like a spoiled kid this morning. Every time I sit down and start to type, she grabs something that she knows she is not to have and runs past me with it. Like she is saying, "I have something I am not supposed to have so come and get me". So she is now in her crate and I am going to try again! Because she caused so much havoc today, I thought I would let you see what she looks like.
The card I am showing today is another one using Friends 24-7 stamp set. I LOVE that stamp set! But today when I posted my card, I realized that I have only been stamping this card using Soft Subtles. There is nothing bold that stands out on this card. I used Mellow Moss for the background of the card. I covered the background using Mellow Moss ink with the Friendly Words wheel . Very subtle, using a tone on tone. The Pink Pirouette ribbon sets it off but is still a very subdued accessory. The choices give this card a very calm and soothing feeling. For this card I used the following supplies:
STAMP SET: Friends 24-7, All Holidays
CARDSTOCK: Basic Gray, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
INK: Basic Gray, Mellow Moss, Pink Pirouette
ACCESSORIES: 5/8: Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Friendly Words Wheel, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, Pink Brads from the Soft Subtle Brads
There is nothing wrong with the colors that I used for this card but it appears that I ahve gotten into a rut. So I will go back to the drawing board and come up with more designs using different color combinations. Tomorrow, I promise that I will show you a much bolder color choice on my card. Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Layout looks great Gail! I'm glad you figured it out! Jen from the Scrapbooking Inn showed me how to do this! She is great!

    ReplyDelete