Saturday, March 28, 2009

Man Card part 2


A few days ago, I was rambling on about trying to come up with "Manly Cards" for a stamp- a -stack for my customers. I also said that one of the biggest problems was that not everyone liked the same stamp set since all men are not into golf, or hunting, or camping, ect. My theory was that if you choose strong colors, a bold stamp set and a masculine designer paper, you could come up with a lot of "Manly " cards. So far, my customers and upline seem to be agreeing with me. Here is another card, very plain but I think it does the trick. The Shara Sand background paper was run through the Big Shot using the harlequin design Texturz plate. It adds to the plainness of the background with a subtle masculine texture.The other colors that I used was Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip. To the Nines Designer Paper was used also. I really like that paper. It really gives you a nice variety of papers in more masculine patterns such as stripes, bold paisley sand dots. It is also a textured designer paper which also adds a nice touch to the cards. I seem to go back to the "Upsy Daisy" stamp set for the sentiments. They are bold with a simple saying. I have been playing around with these very simple supplies and come up with a variety of "Man Cards" that any guy would like. You can also add those stamp sets with golfers, animals, camping, ect. to the basic colors and design of the card and it still looks great. I will show you that card soon. The supplies that I used for this card are:
STAMP SETS: Upsy Daisy
CARDSTOCK: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, To the Nines Specialty Designer Paper, Whisper White
INK: Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 1/2" Circle Punch
I never really enjoyed trying to make a card for a guy, but I think that I have stumbled on a recipe for success. So far my customers are pleased with the results and so am I. Ejoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment