Thursday, March 19, 2009

Manhatten Flower






I had my last March Technique Class last night. Most of the people who attended were from the school where I had worked, so it was nice getting together with them again. We had a nice time making our containers and everyone liked what we made! And hopefully they will like what we make at my good friend Jodie's workshop at the end of this month. Last night they got a sneak peek of one of the projects we will be working on. Jodie will be inviting all of our friends from work. This group of people have been stamping for over 8 years! So when we get together I always try to have something very new and more difficult for them to do. This project is not very difficult but it does use a lot of Stampin'Up products from the NEW Spring/Summer Catalog. At Leadership, I saw a demonstration of this card and absolutely fell in love with it. I don't rememeber if the card actually looked like this but I do remember the flower and the chocolate glitter! This is a very simple card to make but it does make a large impact when you see it. I know that my photo does not show the glitter that well, trust me- it is a stunning card! Hopefully you can see it better on the close up. I used the NEW Textured Impressions-Manhatten Flower which is used with the Big Shot to create the raised flower design. I used the Bronze Paper from the NEW Taste of Textiles cardstock package and ran the Manhatten Flower texture plate through the Big Shot to create the raised design. After running it through the Big Shot, I adhered Chocolate Glitter onto the raised lines. The Baja Breeze ribbon from the NEW Ribbon Originals-(Valet) was added to give the card a little POP!!! Jodie loved it and hopefully the rest will too when we get together this month. The supplies that were used to create this card were:
STAMP SETS: All Holidays
CARDSTOCK: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Bronze Metallic from Taste of Textiles package
INK: Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES: Textured Impressions-Manhatten Flower, Big Shot, Silver Brads, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Baja Breeze Ribbon from Ribbon Originals
The other cards that I promised we would make are cards for Easter and Mother's Day. This afternoon I will get back to work and come up with some great designs for my friends. This is the group that gets together once a week in the summer to eat lunch, stamp cards and most of all- share our friendship. Have a good day and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment