Monday, March 16, 2009

Scallop Envelope Basket


What a beautiful sunny morning! This project is perfect for a a day like today. It is very Spring-like. This is the last project that is included in my March Technique Class of Boxes, Bags, and Baskets. This is a small basket that I saw on Flowerbugs Inkspot (I love that blog). I changed a few things but the basic idea is the same. To create this small basket, you need to have two scallop envelopes that were made with your Big Shot. Trim the bottom edge to 1" on both envelopes and adhere with sticky tape. Add 1"by 2" cardstock rectangles to the side flaps in order to create a box. I used the crop-o-dile to attach Jumbo Eyelets to the sides where I pulled ribbon thought o create a handle. Very cute, yet very easy. Again I used Tea Party Designer Paper. I just can't get enough of that paper! Just perfect for Easter projects. You can also use four Scallop Envelopes and adhere them together to make a square box. A few of the people at Saturday's Class did that and then added a ribbon handle to the box to make a bigger basket. It was just as cute! Here is a list of the supplies that I used to make this project:
STAMP SETS: none
CARDSTOCK: Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, Tea Party Designer Paper
INK: none
ACCESSORIES: Three Flower Punch, Crop-o-Dile, Jumbo Eyelets, Soft Subtle Brads, 5/8" Striped Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon, Sticky Tape, Big Shot, Scallop Envelope Die
Everyone at Saturday's Class loved the quick and Easy projects that they could make for Easter. Some were going to use the tiny baskets to decorate a tree, another was going to make the small baskets for their child's class treats, one was going to use them as favors! Just so many ideas to use them for. I am sure that you can even come up with other uses for them. Enjoy the ideas and enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment