Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sunday Workshop with Friends


This Sunday I am having a workshop at my best friend's house. She is the person that kind of talked me into doing this after I retired. We are really best friends. We started teaching at the same time in the same school. (that is how we met each other) Our oldest daughters are the same age and growing up we did a lot together with them. So we have been friends for years and years. So I guess that it is appropriate that I use the stamp set "Friends 24-7" for this workshop. I really did not plan it that way, it just happened! Jodie wanted me to come up with an idea for a Mother's Day card. I (of course) started to think of pinks, yellows, and light greens. Then I received a thank you note from one of my side-line sisters and on her card she used Not quite Navy, Baja Breeze and the beautiful Parisian Breeze Designer paper. I really liked the color combination, so I took those papers and played around with different ideas and layouts until Jodie chose this one. I liked the eyelet border. It makes it look more motherly, I think. I took the Baja Breeze cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot to give it a little more interest with the texture. I also felt adding the White Organdy ribbon added a little more femininity to it along with the border. The supplies that I used for this card are:
STAMP SETS: Friends 24-7
CARDSTOCK: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze Designer Paper
INK: Not Quite Navy, Stazon Black, Old Olive, Baja Breeze
ACCESSORIES: Blender Pens, White Organdy Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Texturz Plate, Big Shot
I hope my friends like this card for Mother's Day. I know I was pleased with how it turned out. Well the sun is finally out and it is a beautiful day. So go and enjoy the day! I know I will.

1 comment: