Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day?

When you look at this card, you probably think that I had better look at a calendar. Although it might seem a little (a lot) early to make a Father's Day card, it is never the wrong time to play around with your supplies to come up designs for those special occasion cards. It always seems that I wait until a few days before and then the creative juices don't want to flow. So what if you try a lot of different ideas when you have the time. Really, that is the time to do it. Try different colors, different layouts, different sentiments, different embellishments! Play around when you find the time, try different things and you will find that you will stumble across a card that you will fall in love with. This card did not photograph well and is hard to see. The colors are very dark. The cardstock behind the sentiment and designer paper is really Always Artichoke and was run through the Big Shot using the diamond Texturz Plate. That added dimension to the card. The supplies that I used for this card are:

STAMP SET: All Holidays
CARDSTOCK: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Whisper White
INK: Chocolate Chip, To the Nines Specialty Designer Paper
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Texturz Plate, Silver Brads

I am not done experimenting with this card yet. There are more color combinations, layouts,
and embellishments to try yet. But I will know when I am finished that I will love the card. And my friends and family know that I put a lot thought and effort into each card I design and make for them. So take a day to play with your stamping supplies(toys). You'll be glad you did.

1 comment: