Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pop Up Birthday







I promised you a brighter color card today and I hope that you enjoy this one. This card was made at my February Technique Class. The theme for the class was "CARDS THAT MOVE". This pop up card was one of the three cards that we made that day. I really made sure that the colors I used for this card were bright and cheery. I wanted to use something more festive so I chose Yoyo Yellow, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise. Those colors are bound to get you in the festive mood. On the card front I used the chef stamp from the set "Voila". I thought that using the covered tray would give an element of surprise when you opened the card . When the card is opened, you are (hopefully) surprised by the cupcake that pops out at you. The set that I used for the inside of the card was "Crazy for Cupcakes". Not really two sets that you would think would go together but they look great together for this card.

The top picture shows the card front, the second picture is the inside of the card and the third picture is a close up of the inside. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Voila, Crazy forCupcakes

CARDSTOCK: Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise

INK: Stazon Black, Tempting Turquoise

ACCESSORIES: Real Red Marker, Yoyo Yellow Marker, Tempting Turquoise Marker, 2Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Sticky Tape

This was a fun card to do and everyone loved it. After my Saturday class that month, I went over to my up-line Kim's home and demonstrated it to my side-line sisters. We all made the card and then celebrated my up-line's real birthday! What a great time we all had together that day! If you try to make this card, I am sure who ever gets it will love it too.

This was a challenge for me to use brighter colors but sometimes you just have to take the chance. And sometimes taking a chance makes all the difference in the world. So take a chance today and try something new. Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. Gail, all your cards are great, but I really love this one since my husband is a chef. Fun!

    ReplyDelete