Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Manly Card


So many times I am asked to do a manly card at my technique classes. It seems that everyone I talk to thinks it is hard to come up with a card that is very manly. Masculine stamp sets are difficult to choose. Most people want to buy a manly stamp set that they can use a number of times but not all men like the outdoors, golfing, or cars. So what do can you do for all those men in your life that like different things? Maybe it is just as simple as...a nice "manly" paper, simple design, strong colors, and a bold message. I tried that approach here. Stampin' Up has a great new paper -To The Nines Specialty. It is a textured cardstock with more masculine colors and patterns. I just received it yesterday and plan to play around with it a lot more. I used the bold greeting from the stamp set- Upsy Daisy and used the new Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons(another masculine touch). It is a simple design but I think it might work. In the next weeks ahead, I hope to show you more masculine cards using this paper. Supplies that I used for this card are:
STAMP SETS: Upsy Daisy
CARDSTOCK: Chocolate Chip Cardstock, To the Nines Speciality Designer Paper
INK: Chocolate Chip Craft
ACCESSORIES: Clear Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons
Hopefully this will might give you a simple solution to those hard to create masculine cards. I wish I could play with the paper more today but I have to get my supplies ready for my technique class tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment