Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another Great Year

I have so many good friends that have birthdays in January and February.  So lately I have been making a lot of Birthday Cards.  I am very lucky to have one group of friends that I am extremely close with.  We all began to teach together around the same time.  We all had our children around the same time.  And now it seems that we are all having our grandchildren around the same time.  We just get along very well and try to get together to do various things together.  We like to celebrate all that is going on in our lives especially our birthdays.  So one of the "gang" had a birthday this month and this is the gift card holder that I made and gave to her.

This is one of the Envelope Punch Board Gift Card Holders that I posted the other day.  This one uses "Another Great Year" stamp set.  I used the "Chalkboard Technique" on this card because the gift card that is inside the card looks like it used that technique on the card.  Here is a peek inside the card.                                                                                  
                                                            
Here is a peek inside the card.  I used the sentiment from the same stamp set on the card.  The candles are also from the same set.  If you look closely you can see a bit of the gift card and that is what my inspiration for this card was.  The supplies for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Another Great Year
PAPER:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana
INK:  Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White
ACCESSORIES: White Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Chalk Marker,  Melon Mambo Marker, Organza Ribbon, 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Sponge Dauber

If you were wondering how I  got the Melon Mambo color on the Basic Black card stock, I colored the letters in with the Chalk Marker.  When dry, I colored over the Chalk Marker with the Melon Mambo Marker so you would be able to see the pink.  It needed a little bit of color to make this card pop.  Here is a close up of the lettering.  I just felt it needed a little bit of color.


I loved how it turned out.  I hope that she likes this card/gift card holder.  We have not gotten together yet even though her birthday was last week.  We try to get together close to our birthday day.  But due to craziness in all of our lives the past couple of weeks we have been unable to get together.  But it will happen soon and we will have a great time as always!  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment