Friday, February 21, 2014

February Technique Class Card #2

I really like this card!  This is called a "WIPER CARD" and this is the front of the card.  It gets its name because it moves like a windshield Wiper.  You will  see in the next picture how.  I tried a number of different color combinations and finally decided on this one.  I used Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, and Coastal Cabana.  I think it worked nicely for this card.  I used the SKETCHED BIRTHDAY stamp set for this card.  I never used this set before and now that I have used it, I do not understand why I did not use it before.  I will be using this stamp set more now that I have started.


This is what happens when you pull the ends apart.  You get to see a hidden message.  In this case, the message is Happy Birthday.  I plan to send this to my close friend whose birthday is next week.  

The supplies that I used on this card were:

STAMP SET:  Sketched Birthday
PAPER:  Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush DSP
INK:  Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Black Staz0n
ACCESSORIES:  Doilies, Banner Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots, Sponges, Blender Pens, Dimensionals, Gold Baker's Twine

I sponged the edges of the Doily with Bermuda Bay so it blended with the other colors.  Everyone was very excited about their finished card.  They loved the way it moved.  And the best thing about this card is that it fits into an A2 envelope.  So it can be sent through the mail.  

Well, today is a three kid day and it is bound to be another busy and crazy time.  I have a lot of extra things to do today also.  So I am off and running and you Enjoy the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment