Thursday, February 20, 2014

February Technique Class Card #1

It is has been a rough month here with all the snow we have been having.  I had to cancel 2 classes this month.  I was finally able to hold a class last night.  This month's theme for class was "POP UP CARDS".  Sometimes these are hard to do at a class because a lot of Pop Up Cards have so many steps and can be difficult to do with a large group.  But the cards that I picked for this month I thought were fairly easy to do.  To help things go a little faster this month, I did score the card stock ahead of time.  The first one that I will post is called a"STANDING POP UP Card".  Here is what it looks like completely finished.  

I decided to use the PERFECT BLEND stamp set for this card.  Since I do not drink coffee, this set did not catch my eye to begin with, but since have become a fan.  Just thought this would be a nice fit for this card.  And of course the GLORIOUS GRUNGE stamp set made its appearance on this card.  All those coffee splotches are made using that stamp set.  

                                                                                                                                                             This is what the card looks like when it is closed.  It folds up small enough that it can fit inside of an envelope.  If you place the images low enough, when they open the card they get a nice surprise.

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Perfect Blend. Glorious Grunge,  Sweet Essentials
PAPER:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Early Espresso
INK:  Crumb Cake, Brown Baked Sugar
ACCESSORIES:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Modern Label Punch, Sponges, Sticky Strip

Because I needed to cancel 2 classes, I will be offering this class again next month.  I usually do not do that but I liked these cards so much, that I want to give all my customers a chance to make them.  Today is a no kid day so I am off and running and doing all those small things that I need to get done.  This afternoon, one of my closest friend is going to come over and we are going to do some stamping.  So I am excited to get this day going.  Enjoy your day!






No comments:

Post a Comment