Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Valentine for the Teacher

I finished Eli's and Emmett's valentines for their respective classes.  So then I had to come up with cards for their teachers.  These cards were my favorites of all that I had done this month.  So I decided if I loved them, then they should love them too. 


As I was checking out various blogs and checking out what wonderful projects other demos have come up with.  And I found this gorgeous card done by Sandi McGiver and went crazy.  I just think the gold and white is so stunning.  So of course I had to CASE it and here it is just like hers.  But then I wondered what would it look like if I swapped out some of the gold for red.  

So this is my version using Real Red, Red Glimmer Paper, and Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder.  IT gives it a different look but I like it.  So this is the card that I decided to go with for both of their teachers.  These are the supplies that I used for my card for the teachers were:

STAMP SET:  Best of 25 Years…Love, and Flowerful Heart , Glorious Grundge
PAPER:  Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper
INK:  Real Red, Versa mark
ACCESSORIES:  Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape, Small Heart Punch, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, Heart Embosslits, Big Shot, Gold Embossing Powder, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Dimensionals


It is amazing how just a change of color can totally change the feel of the card.  Next time try making one card and then make it again using a whole different color scheme.  You will be surprised how much color can change your card.  

I enjoy making gifts and cards for the boys teachers and classmates.  I hope they enjoy it also.   Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment