Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Internet, Telephone but no Electric!

Just an update with what is going on here at my home. I thought I would be posting new projects this week but Hurricane Irene had different plans for me. We got my daughter, her husband, and Eli moved in on Saturday before the rain came. Sunday, was a different problem. Hurricane Irene sent us rain and wind. The creek did not overflow. Yeah!!! But the sewer came up in the basement/garage and the ground water came in also. So the sump pump was going all morning until there were sparks and a flash and NO ELECTRIC! So my husband got the generator going so the refrigerators would still be running. The kids came up to our house to stay because they also had no electric but at least we had the generator.

Today the neighbor called the electric company and they said we would probably get our electric back on Sunday or Monday. So with things as crazy as they are here. I probably will not be able to post again until the electric comes back on.

Please check back next week for a posting with a card. I am off to try to get our dinner going on the grill again. Thank goodness I thought ahead and bought things that we could make on the grill. Although we did not think the electric would be off this long or longer. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment