Friday, August 26, 2011

Be Back Next Week

My life this week has been chaotic and the next few days will not be any better. I have been busy trying to get ready for my daughter and her family moving into my Dad's home. The big move is starting today and continuing over the weekend.

Hurricane Irene is also a threat to visit this weekend. Although we will only get the heavy rain from that hurricane, we live near a small creek and we expect it to overflow and create some flooding. So the last couple of days we have put things up off the floor in our basement because we fear that water will be coming into the house. After Hurricane Ivan we experienced the creek overflowing, the driveway flooding with water a foot high, water in the basement, and electric out for a while. So we have been trying to be more prepared this time.

So after this crazy weekend, I will be back. Please join me again then. I am off to help in the moving process. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all that water! I'm sure our basement will be looking similar :D

    ReplyDelete