Sunday, September 19, 2010

What a Great Day!

Yesterday I went to Pennie's. Buffy, Susan and I drove down to her house for a wonderful day of stamping, swaps, and friendship. The day started out with an unexpected surprise. As I was going out the door to meet the others, I kept hearing a wooshing sound. I looked up and saw a Hot Air Balloon going right over the top of our house. It was so beautiful in the clear blue sky. So I grabbed my camera and took a picture. After seeing that, I knew the rest of the day would just get better.

The second picture is of the swap that I made for Pennie's. If it looks familiar, it is because this is a simpler version of this month's technique card. On this card I did not put the wavy ribbon on it. When I placed the ribbon on the swap card, I just used it plain. Even though I swapped a more simple card, every there liked it.

We started out with swapping our cards. Then the business part of the day took place and awards were given out. We broke for lunch and of course a lot of stories were shared. After lunch we worked on our Make & Takes and then a number of demos did what we do best and did demonstrations of various techniques. It was such a fun and informative day.

And finally, here is a picture of the three of us before we left Pennie's. But the fun did not end there. we made our annual side trip to IKEA. Of course we always find great buys there. And finally we stopped for a nice and relaxing dinner before returning home. What a great day! It is always a wonderful day when you can spend it with friends! Go out and enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment