Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Yesterday's Technique Class Card

Sorry I have not been able to post lately but I have been painting and painting and painting! I am soooo sore right now from going up and down on the ladder for days. We are painting our family room and I do ALL the trim and cutting in because I have the steadier hand. Well... this room has a lot of trim and a lot of windows and beams to cut in from. It is a task that was bigger than I thought it would be. I really have not had time to do much else. Because I would like it done before Thanksgiving and this is where this card comes in. I had my last Technique Class yesterday for the month of November. It is a nice card to send someone for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I demonstrated the technique that was shown at Regionals on how to make your own stamp pad out of felt and re-inkers. This technique is great when you have to make a large number of cards that you want multiple colors from one single stamp. At Regionals they also used the same stamp from the set "WANDERING WORDS" but I also showed my customers how to color block. I used the colors from the Earth Elements color family which gives it that Autumn feeling. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET" Wandering Words
PAPER: More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES: Re-Inkers:More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, 5/8" Neutral Brads, Felt

This was a WOW at Regionals and I can assure you it was a WOW at my classes. This technique will definitely save some of my customers time when they are making a large number of cards. I know my one customer was upset when she saw this technique yesterday because she had already done a large number of cards which would have gone faster had she known about this sooner. I will NOT be painting today but instead will be running to a number of appointments that I have this morning and this afternoon. But hopefully you will enjoy the rest of your day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment