Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gift Card Swap
















On Sunday, My Up-line is having a meeting for all her down-lines. When we have these meetings, we always make a project or card to swap with the others. This is my swap for this month. It is a great idea to use as a gift card holder. With the holidays rapidly approaching, I think we are all thinking of gift ideas. This is a quick way to make gift card holders to make giving those gift cards a little more festive. All you need to have is an envelope. I folded the envelope in half, cut the flap at the fold. I adhered the left side flap to the envelope but left the right hand side open so that you can place the gift card in the opening. Then you just decorate the holder anyway you wish using card stock, Designer Papers, or a combination of both. Place ribbon underneath the card stock that you placed on the front of the envelope. After you place your gift card in the pocket, close the envelope and tie the ribbon. There you go, all ready to give a gift card to that special person! The materials that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: All Holidays
INK: Real Red
PAPER: Cocoa Specialty Paper, Real Red, Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Envelopes, Adhesive, 1/4: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon

I put a very simple greeting on the front because the paper had such a busy design. You do not want to make the design busy when you have a busy background. It is just too much for the eye to take in. So if you need a quick and easy way to present your gift card, this is it. I received a swap with this pattern at a Regional a few years ago. There was no name on the back so I can not give them credit. But I thought it was a great idea. Thanks and everyone go out and have a great day.


1 comment: