Friday, November 6, 2009

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit
















I am starting to get into the Christmas Spirit. Halloween is over and now my mind is focused on Christmas. Tomorrow I have a workshop at one of my friend's homes and we are focusing on what can be made for Christmas. So I have been busy trying to come up with some designs for my workshops, technique classes, last minute Holiday Stamp A Stack, and of course my own Christmas cards. Because people do not have a lot of extra time as we head towards Christmas, I tried to come up with very simple cards which are easy but still are impressive looking. I think this card is an example of that. It starts with 1/4 sheet of white card stock for the base. I took 3-1/4" sheet of that beautiful flocked designer paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper from the mini and folded a 1/2" flap and attached that to the back of the card base. I took Old Olive card stock and scalloped the one edge but also folded a 1/2" flap and adhered that to the opposite side of the base. I took the stamp set "BERRY CHRISTMAS" and stamped the wreath , berries, and bow on to Whisper White cards stock. I matted that with Real Red card stock and mounted it to the Old Olive card stock. I ran the Merry Details Sizzlet through the Big Shot and took the bird from that and place him on the wreath. Then the final touch was the sentiment on the inside along with the bird again, but this time sitting on a branch. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Berry Christmas, Many Merry Messages
PAPER: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP
INK: Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot, Merry Details Sizzlet, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Border

This card was so fast and easy to make. It would not take long to make a whole batch of them for the holidays. Elegant and easy. Your friends will love it! Enjoy your day but start thinking holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment