Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Sweet Treat

These Sweet Treat cups are the neatest item that Stampin' up has come up with this season. I have looked at many blogs and people are coming up with the best ideas on how to use them. One of my customers told me that she filled her Sweet Treat cups with Legos and used them for an invitation to send out. How inventive! But anyway, I decided to use it as a Christmas ornament for this card. Instead of the usual candy placed in the cup, I decided to use crinkled paper to fill the cup to create the color for the Christmas ornament. This card is hard to see in this picture, but the white background paper was run through the Big Shot using the "PETALS A PLENTY" Textured Impressions Folder. I love the neat effect it gives. I embossed the ornament cap in gold and punched a 1-3/4" circle out underneath it. I then filled the cup with crinkled paper. I was really out looking for the metallic crinkled paper but was unable to find it where I was shopping that day and settled for this paper instead. You could also make your own crinkled paper by running it through a crimper. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sweet Centers
PAPER: Handsome Hunter, Real Red, Whisper White
INK: Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Brads, Sweet Treat Cups, Dimensionals, Petals A Plenty Impressions Folder

This was a quick and easy card that is very impressive when you give it to someone. It seems that my customers really like the different ways that you can use this stamp set and also the many ways that you can fill the cups. Whoever came up with this idea was a genius in my opinion. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment