Friday, November 13, 2009

Another Quick Gift

I was trying to think of something I could do a quick demo on to give my hostess when I did an in home workshop last weekend. The idea was to show how you could make a quick gift with Stampin' Up products. So I had a bunch of these small glass jars that you can get at Ikea or Hobby Lobby and thought I will put Hershey Kisses in the jar(for now) and fancy up the jar with ribbon and a design on the lid. After I made it, I changed my mind(of course) and made another item which used a larger number of our products. But I digress... This is a quick and easy item to make and fill with whatever the person you are giving this to likes the best. Personally, I think chocolate is a safe thing to fill a jar with because ALL my friends LOVE chocolate! You could also fill the jar with homemade candies or mixes. The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SET: Berry Christmas
PAPER: Real Red. Old Olive, Whisper White
INK: Real Red, Yoyo Yellow
ACCESSORIES: Glue Dots, 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon(Old Olive), Scallop Cicle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch

The last few days, I just wanted to show you quick and easy items to help your gift giving easier. Well I am off now to paint. I am in the process of painting all my trim in my family room. Then I will edge in the wall paint. My husband does the painting with a roller but I have a steadier hand to do the more detailed work so I prefer to do that. Hopefully we can get this project done by Thanksgiving. Go out and enjoy your day because I know I will be stuck in the house, painting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment