Friday, October 9, 2009

October Technique Class- Part 2

This is the second card that I will be demonstrating to my customers who will be attending my technique class this month. The technique that is used on this card is "AURA PRINTING". I love the effect that this technique creates. It gives such a soft and fuzzy appearance behind the stamped image. I thought that the wheat from the stamp set "AUTUMN DAYS" was a perfect choice for a Fall all- occasion card. To create the fuzzy effect, you must mist your watercolor paper with water and stamp your image onto the moist paper. It will give you a distorted, fuzzy image. After it dries, then stamp the image on top of the fuzzy image. Since this is a very simple card, I also took the wheat image and stamped it over the bottom of the card using Versamark. I think it is a subtle technique to add texture to the card.

If interested in attending one of my classes please contact me. I am still in Hershey. There is plenty of chocolate here and I am enjoying all the chocolate I am eating! Hope you enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment