Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October Technique Class Card 3

This is the last card that we are working on in my October Technique Classes. I learned this technique at Regionals in Cincinnati. This is called "Crystal Effects Glaze" It is a great way to use the Crystal Effects which you have at home but are not quite sure all that you can do with it. It is also a great technique to use all those left over bits of pastels you have laying around. This is the technique I used to create the color on the pumpkin. To get that look this is what you do: First you take small pieces of pastels and shave it so you have very small particles of chalk. Then take a few drops of water just enough to dissolve the chalk. Lastly, take the Crystal Effects and add a few drops to create a glassy transparent glaze. Take an applicator and apply the color to an embossed open line image. It is a wonderful effect to add to your creations.

It took me a while to post this image because I was having some difficulties with the image. So I thank Joel today from the Apple Store who helped me figure out the problem with my imported photos. If he had not helped me today, I still would be figuring out how to get this posted. Thanks and everyone go out and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment