Sunday, August 23, 2009

Zoe and Elmo

One night at one of my technique classes, we were talking about some of my posts on my blog. I had taken a picture of one of my friends Decor Elements that she had placed on her son's wall and she was wondering why it had not made my blog. Well, the truth was I had forgotten to put in the memory stick and could not get the picture onto my blog. So my friend started to look on my camera to see if she could find it. While going through my camera, she saw pictures of Sesame Street characters that I had taken at a downline meeting at Pennie's. She asked me if I would come up with some cards with the characters on them. I came up with this one. I wish I could give credit to the person who came up with the characters but I only have pictures of the items she made, no names. Sorry. These cute little characters were on a memo pad. I took the characters and came up with a Joy Fold card and placed them on the front. My friend loved it. By her telling her friends, I ended up holding a stamp camp which was very well attended. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Enjoy Every Moment
PAPER: Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie DSP, Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
INK: Pixie Pink
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Texturz Plate Polka Dots

I some texture on the Pretty in pink card stock by running the card stock through the Big Shot using the polka Dotted Texturz plate. I took the small flower stamp from the stamp set "ENJOY EVERY MOMENT" and stamped flowers all over the white card stock on the front to make it more interesting and more girly. I know that it is hard to see that detail on this picture. I tried to make this card more girly since Zoe was on it. This stamp camp was so unexpected but it worked out well. My friends and customers were surprised what you were able to do with punches. They can't wait until we do another one. It is funny how sometimes we plan things and they don't work out but something unexpected can turn into a really good thing. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment