Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Midnight Madness #13

I am just looking back on my last few posts and it looks like I am stuck on a color scheme. I promise for the next post
I will change colors! When I started working on the layout on the background, it seemed so busy. That is why I chose the simple salutation for the stamped image. It seems to balance the card. The background looked so much like a quilt, I decided to pit buttons on for the embellishments. I wanted to keep that handmade feel. All in all, I feel good about this sketch challenge. I used the Cottage Wall DSP again. Just really love the colors and design of the paper! The supplies used for this card are:

STAMP SET: All Holidays
PAPER: Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DSP
INK: Rich Razzleberry
ACCESSORIES: Sherbert Buttons, Linen Thread

I am keeping this post short because I have to get my supplies together to go stamping this afternoon with my friends I used to work with. It is so relaxing to get together with them. Soon they will be back at school and I will be left at home stamping by myself again. But for now I am just enjoying their company again. Have a great rest of the day!

10 comments:

  1. Gail this card is so pretty..I don't think the background looks busy at all, it fits perfectly...exactly like a quilt. I love all the different papers you used, the buttons and the sentiment are all just perfect. I think we all get into a color scheme rutt now and then...but I do like this one...it matches your blog colors!!
    Thanks so much for playing with us.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the different colors and designs on the background squares. You did a great job. the buttons are really cute too. Thanks so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you!

    Carolyn, MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, this card is so pretty, reminds me of a quilt too, just like Charlotte mentioned. Greens and pinks are lovely, especially with buttons like yours! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week, Good luck on the prize drawing, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I too think you are stuck on a color scheme. The card matches your blog perfectly! Beautiful card this week, Gail!!

    Sue
    MMDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail I love this card. I've seen the quilting technique in alot lately and love it. I tried to add some to a scrapbook page. Very cool. Did you use punches for the squares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the colors are very pretty and I'm always a fan of buttons, I think its very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card, I love the colors and the buttons look wonderful too. Thanks for joining us this week!
    Michelle MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun squares and love your buttons as well. Wonderful take on the midnight madness sketch challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is some of my favorite dp!! Gorgeous colors and design!! Love the buttons you added! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gail, I love the clean freshness of this card. Well done and everything looks great :)Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Be sure to check out the “Mid Week Midnight Madness Tutorials” coming soon .
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete