Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mojo Monday 101

Mojo Monday! I'm back! I have been so busy with my daughter moving and other events that have been going on here. I finally got a chance last night to do this weeks challenge. I had an idea in mind and knew which stamp set I was going to use. Before starting my card , I was checking out different blogs. As I was going through the blogs, I saw the idea that I had sketched out earlier! So that threw me off completely! And I had to start thinking of something different. So this is what I ended up with. I like it but I also see where I can enhance it. The circle on the sketch just made me think of a moon or sun. I originally was thinking of a Christmas card. So after many tries, I went with the sun with the pheasant walking in front of the sun. I used the "Thumping" technique to add color to the pheasant. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Autumn Days
PAPER: Autumn Harvest, Soft Suede, More Mustard, Dusty Durango, Whisper White
INK: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango
ACCESSORIES: Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango Markers, Dimensional

I enjoy doing these challenges. They help relax me after a busy day, week or month. Now I have to go and figure out my swaps for Regionals. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail, this is really stylish and I love how you stamped the corn blowing in the breeze. I am from the UK and always enjoy seeing pheasants at sunset! Hugs to you, Jo x

    ReplyDelete