Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Morning

After being stuck in a color rut, I decided to break out and try something different. The group of friends from work that I stamp with, felt the same way. We all felt that we were all in a rut, I was asked if I could come up with something that was a departure from the colors we always seemed to go back to. So last week, I came up with this card. Everyone in the group said how this color combination was very different from what we usually do, but it was a nice change. This stamp set is a level 1 hostess set. The checkered napkin in the basket, gave me the inspiration for the colors and choice of ribbon for the card. To color the rooster, I used colored pencils and a blender pen. Because we used black cardstock for the base of the card, I embossed the salutation with white embossing powder. The supplies that I used for this card are:

STAMP SET: Good Morning
PAPER: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
INK: Versamark, Black Staz On
ACCESSORIES: White EP, Colored Pencils, Black Gingham Ribbon, Blender Pen, Heating Tool, Scallop Edge Punch

My friends and I made this card last week when we all got together for lunch and stamping. Soon they will be back at work, teaching again, while I will be home stamping alone. I will enjoy the last few times we can all stamp together before they all go back. Have a great day today. Hope the weather is better where you are today. It is raining here. I have a family reunion to go to today. I hope it clears up by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment