Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oldie But Goodie

I have been so busy the last few weeks that I have not been able to try out my new stamp sets. So instead of posting something that I have done recently (no time), I decided to post a card that I did last year. That is why this post is titled "Oldie but Goodie". It might be an older card but I still like it! It is so hot here today that I purposely chose this card. I decided that if I looked at this card for a while that I might cool off. This is a Shaker Card that my technique classes did two winters ago when I first started doing my technique classes. I can't remember what stamp sets I used but if you did that card today, you could use the single tree from "Lovely as a Tree". I tore Whisper White for the snow and stamped snowflakes onto the Brilliant Blue card stock using White Craft Ink. I used Bashful Blue for the base of the card. I used Christmas Snow from a craft store for the stuff inside the shaker.

It is fun to look back at cards that you have made in the past. I look at them now and think what I would do now to change or improve the design. I think that thinking about this snow card has helped cool me down. Unfortunately, I have to start making my dinner after I post this blog. So being cool will not be lasting that long! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day, wherever you are if it is hot or cold. Just enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment