Friday, August 14, 2009

Technique Class- Card 2

Things have been crazy around here with the move and everything. Hopefully, things will start to settle down. When I finally had time to take pictures of the cards, my batteries were dead and I had to find my charger which I had packed away when my daughter moved in last month. So here I am with recharged batteries ready to post. This is the second card from my technique class. The background is what I worked on. I ran the card stock through the Big Shot using the Damask Texturz plate. After it was embossed with the design, I took three different classic inks and ran them over the top of the raised surface. I then took sponges and filled in the areas to create a gradual coloring on the card stock. I used the "FRIENDS 24-7" stamp set which I love and stamped the bird image with Close to Cocoa on the card stock. I also stamped that image in Bordering Blue. I cut the bird out from the Bordering Blue card stock and with Dimensionals adhered it on top of the Close to Cocoa bird. I like the way this card turned out. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Friends 24-7
PAPER: Night of Navy, Bordering BLue, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
INK: Mellow Moss, Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa
ACCESSORIES: White Organdy Ribbon, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Texturz Plate-Damask, Eyelet Border Punch

This was not a difficult card to make but the added texture in the background help make this card more interesting. Enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment