Monday, July 14, 2014

July Technique Card #3

Well today's post is going to be super short.  Due to being on the road and all this traveling.  Here is the last card from my classes this month.  I did not set out to make a patriotic looking card but this is what I ended up with.  The only thing that is the same as my original vision is the sentiment.  I needed a card that said congratulations and that is where I started.

This card used the following supplies:

STAMP SET:  Sassy Salutations
PAPER:  Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red, Gold Glimmer Paper
INK:  Real Red, Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES:  Star Framelits, Banner Framelits, Big Shot, Star/Hearts Mask, Sponge Daubers

I used the Star Mask to get all those tiny little stars on the red card stock.  For this project, I used sponge daubers to create all those tiny stars.  When you use sponge daubers to apply the ink to the paper, you can create a more solid shape.  That was the effect that I was going for in this card.  

At first, I was afraid that my customers would not like this card.  But when they saw it, the were excited and came up with a number of ways they could use this card such as cards for veterans, those in the military, graduation cards ( changing these colors for school colors) cards for those people born in July, and the list goes on.  I love it when my classes brainstorm and see how they can tweak my designs and ideas.  I feel that is what it is all about.  This card was the perfect example of what Stampin' Up is all about, Inspire, Create, Share.  Enjoy the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment