Saturday, July 12, 2014

July Technique Card #1

In the middle of getting ready for convention and our vacation, I managed to squeeze in a technique class.  This is one of the cards that we created at that class.  My theme this month was "MASKS".   Stampin' Up has placed in their catalog this year, 2 different sets of Masks or stencils as us old folk used to call them.  So my class consisted of showcasing the two different sets of masks but also show how you can create your own masks.  I used the Heart Border punch to create my own mask for this project.  You can see them on the right side of the card.

The projects that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Petite Pairs, Embellished Events
PAPER:  Whisper White, Silver Foil , Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer
INK:  Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Beautiful Baroque, Embossing Folder, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Heart Border Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

The layout is from this week's Mojo Monday Blog.  I saw on Mary Fish's blog a card she designed using the heart punch on the side and my mind just came up with this card.  Mary's card was a western theme and not even close to an elegant card like this.  But for some reason my mind went to an elegant card which would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary card.  I like this card and my customers really liked this one too.  This is not all what I had in mind when I was thinking about the cards for this class.  But sometimes when making cards, I find that the idea I started out with, is not even close to what I end up with.  And that is how every card in this month's class turned out.  

Another busy day before our vacation starts tomorrow.  But please check back because I will be posting pics of my swaps.  I plan to post some pics from convention also if it does not get too crazy there.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment