Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mac is finally back! (my computer that is)...

Mac is back!  I have missed my computer so much!  Supposedly he is finally fixed.  We will see.  The last few days were rough and I was really beginning to lose patience.  But the nice man at Apple today was so kind when he gave him back to me and said he was fixed.  So here is hoping I can again post and get back to showing you some of the great projects and cards that can be made.


The card I am going to show you today is the birthday invitation that I made for him for his 3rd birthday.  It does not seem possible that he is going to be that old already.  I know I used a retired set for this card but he wants a construction theme for his birthday.  But I did use 2 stamp sets that were new this year which were "Glorious Grunge" and "Regarding Dahlias".

I stuck with the gray, orange, and yellow color scheme for this card because those were the colors that most of his trucks were.  You were probably surprised when I said I used "Regarding Dahlias" stamp set because this card doesn't scream floral.  Look up the right hand corner and you will see the sentiment.  That sentiment came from that stamp set.  The supplies that I used for this card:

STAMP SETS: Glorious Grunge, Regarding Dahlias, I Dig You (retired)
PAPER:  Smokey Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade DSP
INK:  Smokey Slate, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES:  2-1/2" Circle Punch, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight Markers.

I love the blobs and stripes that came from the Glorious Grunge set.  They really made this card look like the card was stained at a garage which gives it that perfect construction look.  I showed Eli last night what I had made for him and he was so excited.  He loved them!  I don't care if anyone else likes them because Eli loves them and that is what really matters.  Grandkids are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment