Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Technique Class- Card 2

When I saw this single stamp, I just knew I had to have it!  I love this stamp.  But sometimes when you see a solid stamp that has a lot of different components together, it is hard to think what to do with it.  But when I saw this card, I knew exactly what I needed to do to get those leaves looking like Autumn leaves.  I used a "Baby Wipe Background " technique to create those multi-colored leaves.  For this card  I used the following supplies:

STAMP SETS:  Day of Gratitude, Tweet Leaves, En Francois
PAPER:  Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Bravo Burgandy, Whisper White
INK:  Early Espresso
ACCESSORIES:  Always Artichoke Seam Binding, Wood Grain Embossing Folder, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Big Shot, Blender Pen, Chocolate Chip Marker, Pumpkin Pie Marker, and Tangerine Tango Marker, Daffodil Delight Re-Inker, Cherry Cobbler Re-Inker, Pumpkin Pie Re-Inker, Old Olive Re-Inker, Baby Wipes

This card came out better than what I thought it would.  I like how the leaves look as though they are changing colors.  I used markers to make the bird stand out from the leaves. I tried to use a color combination that I had not used for a while.  Sometimes it seems like I get stuck on colors when I make cards.  That is when I have to make a conscious effort to change things up.  I think it worked well on this card.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment