Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Technique Class-Card 1

It amazes me how sometimes the simplest idea changes projects from nice into WOW projects.  This is an idea I found online.  When I saw it I thought wow how simple, why didn't I think of that.  I think it was an idea that had been demonstrated at a Regional and she was posting it on her blog.  The idea is "Colored Dazzling Details".  All you need to do to color your Dazzling Details is to add a drop of re-inkers to a small amount of Dazzling Details.  How simple is that!  I used it on this card but it is hard to see.  I mixed the re-inkers with the Dazzling Details to make the colors for the leaves.  In real life the leaves just have this neat shimmer to them.  It really adds to the card.  To apply the colored mixture, I used an Aqua Painter but you can use a brush.  You just need to remember to wash the brush thoroughly with water ( I use a little soap ) or the bristles will harden.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Hand Penned, Gently Falling
PAPER:  Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke
INK: Basic Black
ACCESSORIES:  Black Staz-On, Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon,  Brushed Bronze Buttons, Dazzling Details, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke and Cajun Craze Re-Inkers

I love the look of this technique!  I can not believe something so simple can change the look of a card so much.  Well I have to finish getting my supplies out for my Technique Class this morning.  After that I need to finish getting all my Halloween Gathering supplies together for Thursday and finsh getting my Holiday Stamp A Stack supplies together for Saturday.  This is a very busy stamping week. Enjjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment