Monday, July 4, 2011

Hostess Appreciation Make & Take

I held my Hostess Appreciation Gathering Thursday night and we really had a nice time!. It was a very relaxing, enjoyable evening. We had a nice meal before we sat down to do 2 projects. I try to make something which we have never done before, so this time we made a Squash Card. I had made Squash Books before but not a card. I saw one on Dawn Olshefske's blog and thought that it would be a great project to make at the Gathering.

As usual, I started out with one idea and ended up with something completely different. One of my sidelines loaned me her stamp set, "THE OPEN SEA", and I decided to change my bright flowery design for a more manly, masculine one. I think it turned out nicely. The supplies for this card were:

STAMP SET: The Open Sea
PAPER: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Nautical Expedition DSP
INK: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Dimensionals, 1-1.4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8"
Circle Punch

Everyone there really enjoyed the card.
Here is an inside view of the card. Isn't it neat how the card squashes all together to make a square card. Hopefully you can see that the card folds up to a square because of the way it is folded.

Since today is the 4th of July, I think the colors of the card are perfect for today. I am planning on a relaxing day today. I am going to start packing my things for my trip this week. I am leaving for Chicago on Wednesday for a wedding. Enjoy the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment