Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June Technique Class- Card 3

This is the third card that we will be making in my technique classes this month. Different people call it by different names but the name I like best is FUNKY FOLD card. Why is it that I start out with one idea in my head and by the time the card is finished, it is completely different? This card started out using the single stamp, Sail Away and I ended with the stamp set, "Fabulous Florets". But I do like the way this one turned out better because of the colors. This card screams summer flowers. I like this card too because I got to use the "NEW"colored embossing powders. Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, and Wild Wasabi are the colors that I used and you can find them in the Summer Mini. How bright and cheery this card looks.

I decided to make this a retirement card. One of my friends retired this month from teaching. We taught in a K-6 building and over the course of her teaching career, she taught in every grade level except Kindergarten! She is a very dear friend and our kids are close in age and basically grew up together. She deserves to relax a bit.

Well I am now going to go and set up for a technique class this morning. I hope they enjoy the cards that we will be making today. It is starting to rain here, but I hope where you are that you are enjoying better weather. Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's going to be a fun class! Wish I was closer...

    ReplyDelete