Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last Minute Easter Cards

Easter is coming fast and I need to get some cards done. So tomorrow night, 3 of my friends are coming over and we are going to make Easter Cards. This is one that I am going to make. This is a very pastel springlike card. I think it is so light and airy looking. For this card , I used the Crayon Resist technique. I stamped the Dogwood branch onto Glossy White cardstock with Staz-On Ink. I then colored in the flowers with white crayon. I think sponged over the cardstock using, Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. After adding the color, I took a paper towel and wiped over the entire cardstock until it is shiny and the wax is gone. I love the effect that you get from that technique. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Easter Blossoms
PAPER: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, White Glossy
INK: Black Staz-On, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery
ACCESSORIES: Tulip Frame Embossing Folder, Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Towel

I hope my family will enjoy this card when they receive it. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I did a couple of color combos until I came up with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this color combo, but instead of blogging - I should probably be finishing up my Easter projects - eek!

    ReplyDelete