Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Technique Sample Card 3

This is the third card that we will be making at Technique Class this month. This is a "Ribbon Rose". This picture does not do this card justice. This card in person, looks so elegant. After I was finished with it, I thought it would be perfect for a Valentine's Day card. The richness of the Cherry Cobbler on the card helps to give this car a more elegant feeling. For the class, I used Rose Red seam binding and cardstock to make this card. I found that I would not have enough if I demonstrated with the same color seam binding. So I decided to demo using the Cherry Cobbler seam binding. I was so surprised to see how much more elegant the card looked by changing the color. The supplies that I used for this card were:

PAPER: Cherry Cobbler, Cherry Cobbler DSP, Whisper White, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Embroidery Needle (non SU), Embroidery Thread (non SU), Pearls

I saw a card on someone else's blog that had this rose and I just loved it. You can find the tutorial for this rose at this blog just click here. The tutorial is found under tutorials and is listed as Ribbon Rose. The rose is beautiful and adds so much to the card. It looks like it would be difficult to make, but once you get started it is really very easy. Well I am going to continue working on those wedding invitations now. I am sure I will be doing that all day. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment